Saturday, March 10, 2012

3 tricks to make yourself look more awake!

New baby?  No sleep?  Sick kids?  I know the feeling of waking up in the morning with about 3 hours of sleep, and saying to myself Oh man I'm gonna look like crap today!  Well, you don't have to anymore!  I am by no means a makeup artist, or did I even go to school for makeup.  I do however like to research and do makeup.  I have found three of my favorite ways to look more awake. 


1.  Concealer


This in my opinion is a very important step in making your eyes not look so tired.  If you get dark circles or bags under your eyes, this is a must.  Even if you don't get bags or dark circles I recommend using a concealer.  It almost makes the effect of an eye lift.  When using this I just put it directly under my eyes in a triangle shape.


This is the concealer I use everyday.

If you can see I only put the concealer underneath the left eye.  

I know this looks a little scary but this is the "triangle" shape under the eye I use.  Once you blend it in, it looks much better!






2. A light almost white eyeshadow in the corner of your eye.


This really makes your eyes pop.  I take a little makeup brush and put the eye shadow right in the corner of my eyes.  It helps people look more at your eyes than anything else.  If you think white is too dramatic for first trying this out I would use a shimmery beige color.  


This is the color I almost always use for the corner of my eyes.  It's from the Naked Palette, called "Virgin"


These are other colors I used in the corner of my eye sometimes too!  They are not expensive and you can find them at the drugstore.

Right in the corner of the eye


3.  Use a white, peach, or skin colored eye pencil in your waterline.  

If you don't know where your waterline is, it's underneath your eye where your eyelid touches your eyeball.  This opens up your eyes a ton.  It makes you look more awake and your eyes bigger.  I know when you first apply the eye pencil it will look scary, but trust me once you put your mascara on it will look great.


I know it might look a little dramatic now, but once you finish your mascara it will look much better.



And the finished product


Those are my 3 tricks to make you look more awake!  I hope you enjoyed it!



Peace.










1 comment:

  1. I suck at makeup! I think I might need a personal demo! ha

    ReplyDelete